Book Thessaloniki sightseeing tour and get a complete idea of the city also known as Salonica. A city of great historic importance and a crossroad of so many civilizations and cultures.
Begin the tour with a panoramic drive around the White Tower, the main landmarks of the city, the Galerius Arch, the Rotunda monument, the Old Town (Ano Poli) and the City Walls, from where you will have a marvelous view of Thessaloniki. Your professional expert guide will provide you with all the information about Thessaloniki’s history old and new as you look at these stately buildings.
During the tour, there will be a short stop at Agios Demetrius Byzantine church which is the most important church of Thessaloniki for religious, historical and artistic reasons. The most famous and interesting part of the church, is the underground ancient “Crypt”. The crypt was re-discovered after the fire of 1917 and was finally restored as an exhibition/museum in 1988. According to the Christian Tradition, the saint was imprisoned here and died in 303 A.D. You will also have the opportunity to visit the Archaeological Museum which it holds and interprets artifacts from the Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic and Roman periods, mostly from the city of Thessaloniki but also from the region of Macedonia in general.
- See all the main landmarks of the city
- See the famous White Tower
- Visit Agios Demetrius church & its crypt
- Visit the Archaeological Museum
- See the Galerius Arch & Rotunda monument
- Breathtaking view from the City Walls
- Visit the Old Town
- Transport by luxury bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- All taxes
- Entrance fees (8 Euro per person)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal Expenses
- There is pick up service from central located points in Thessaloniki. Please advise your hotel and we will inform you accordingly. This tour is operating in English, Italian, French and German language.