One of the most popular destinations for Greek and foreign tourists alike, Nafplio is one of the most beautiful towns in the world! The city of Nafplia was the first capital of the modern Greek state. Named after Nafplios, son of Poseidon, and home of Palamidis, their local hero of the Trojan war and supposedly the inventor of weights and measures, lighthouses, the first Greek alphabet and the father of the Sophists.
This tour is a unique experience and concern those who want to see and learn as much as possible in just two hours. Begin the walking tour from the Land Gate and enter within the walls of the old city and visit among others the Cathedral and the square of Saint Spiridon where Ioannis Kapodistrias, the first Governor of Greece, was murdered.
Continue to the Syntagma Square, the heart of the city, and explore its historic buildings from different periods such as the Archaeological Museum, the Vouleftikon that housed the first parliament of the free Greek state and the Old Mosque. The tour ends with a visit to the little peaceful old port to explore the Venetian fortress of Bourtzi, the trademark of the city, built on the island of Agioi Theodoroi.
- Enjoy a unique city walking tour
- See the old city & the square of Saint Spiridon
- Visit Syntagma square
- Explore Vouleftikon & Old Mosque
- Visit the old port
- Admire the famous Bourtzi
- Guided tour at Nafplio by English-speaking tour leader
- Pick up drop/off from your hotel in Nafplion
- Semi-independent tour
- Brochures and maps
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
- The tour is running all year round upon request at least two days before the activity. Price is per person, based on minimum group of 2 participants.