Take this comprehensive half day morning tour in Meteora and discover the astonishing Meteora through the eyes and the narrative of the locals.
Visit all monasteries of Meteora, enter inside three of them and discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. This morning tour will take you back in the dark ages and the story of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of what later on became the monastic community of Meteora. Learn which monastery was the first to be established and the true motivations behind the monks’ decision to try to climb the steep rocks of Meteora and to build there the monasteries. And then we will take you to the most beautiful spots for amazing views and photos.
- Discover the astonishing Meteora
- Visit three monasteries of Meteora
- See breathtaking views and take amazing photos
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Small groups of max 18 participants
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick up from Kalampaka and Kastraki hotels
- Entrance fee to the monastery (9 Euro)
- Personal expenses
- Wear closed toed shoes. The monasteries have a strict dress code. Men must wear shorts up to the knee (no shorter) and women long skirts. Shoulders must be covered. For ladies, skirts are provided at the entrances of all the monasteries.