When all the masses of tourists are long gone have an amazing sunset tour organized by our travel agency that will be your highlight of your entire Meteora visit.
This tour will take you on a late afternoon visit to unique places and sites around Meteora. You will see places outside the beaten path that only locals know and you will enjoy amazing views while you learn the true history and traditions of this astonishing place. Apart the monastery we visit on this afternoon tour, you will also have the chance to visit the 1,000 years old Badovas hermitages build inside caves and the old Byzantine church dedicated to Assumption of Virgin Mary in Kalampaka, the most ancient monument of our region.
And then, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of our place the tour will take you to enjoy unique panoramic views on the most perfect spots of Meteora and capture one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the mountain ridges and all you can hear is the silence and the wind, it will be the most captivating moment of all! Have awe-inspiring views that will heighten all of your senses. And in those very moments one can truly understand why Meteora has been chosen by so many holy men in the past that came here to build on the edges of these cliffs, the cloisters and the monasteries we so much admire today.
- Enjoy a unique sunset Meteora tour
- Visit a Unesco World Heritage Site
- Visit the 1.000 years old Badovas hermitages build inside caves
- Visit one monastery & the old Byzantine church of Virgin Mary
- Enjoy unique panoramic views & an amazing sunset
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick up from Kalampaka and Kastraki hotels
- Small groups of max 18 participants
- Entrance fee to the monastery (5 Euro)
- Personal expenses
- The time that the tour starts depends from the time of the sunset. For this reason the tour starts at 14:00 (January 1st – Feb 28th), at 15:00 (March 1st – March 25th), at 15:30 (March 26th – April 15th), 16:00 (April 16th – April 30th), 16:30 (May 1st – August 23rd), 16:00 (August 24st – September 16th), 15:00 (September 17st – October 28th) and at 14:00 (October 29th – December 31th). The duration of the tour in all cases is 4 hours. The monasteries have a strict dress code. Men must wear shorts up to the knee (no shorter) and women long skirts. Shoulders must be covered. For ladies, skirts are provided at the entrances of all the monasteries.