A visit to Crete is incomplete without visiting the renowned Minoan Palace of Knossos! This fabulous site is dating back 4.000 ago. Two brilliant palaces built in Neolithic times… Visit the room of the thrown and the frescoes depicting the Prince of Crete. Every single stone suggests that a great civilization was born in this very place. Dating from 2000 BC this site remains one of the wonders of the world.
The tour continues towards the monastery of St. George Epanosifi. Experience a unique trip to the Cretan mountains and feel the magic of the genuine Cretan culture and hospitality. Mountain magic is calling…The monastery of St. George Epanosifi dated from the 17th century. Visit the monastery and the small but interesting museum and have a rest under the trees of the churchyard.
On the way to the small village of Stironas known for centuries for its goat and sheep raising tradition, stop to a genuine raki distillery of a privately owned farm. Enjoy a glass of homemade wine, a treat of raki and some local delicacies offered by the locals! A small and original exhibition of old tools used for agriculture and cattle raising is also displayed. A surprising folklore show as crowning closure awaits you!
The tour continues after Stironas to the village of Thrapsano, a village of 1.000 inhabitants of which 26 are potters but more than half of inhabitants have some connection with the craft. Stop at a workshop, where the potter will unfold his skills for you, and if you are bold enough, try to make your own creation!
- Visit the monastery of St. George Epanosifi & its small museum
- See the small beautiful village of Stironas
- See the village of Thrapsano & its famous potters
- Visit the renowned Minoan palace of Knossos
- Transportation by luxury vehicle
- Professional english speaking expert
- Entrance fees (Knossos 15€ pp & St. George 2€ pp)
- Drinks & beverages at Stironas village
- Local delicacies at Stironas village
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- The tour can be arranged also in other languages upon request and availability. Complimentary pick up service is provided only from hotels that located in the suburbs of Heraklion city (Kokkini Hani till Mallia) but not from Heraklion city centre. Please advise your hotel. The bookings are accepted if they are made at least one day prior of the tour (until 16:00).