A unique and unforgettable experience during your stay in Thessaloniki will be a visit to the Meteora Monasteries. Meteora is a geological miracle, which one must see for himself in order to believe. Nowadays, only six monasteries are well preserved and four of them are still inhabited. Metéora is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Departure early in the morning for Kalambaka. Arrival at Kalambaka city and visit the famous Meteora, geological formations unique in their kind, on which the Monasteries are perched; they were built in the 14th century and they are rich in precious testimonies of Byzantine art. We shall visit 2 of these fabulous monasteries, built high upon the steep rocks. Each monastery owns a vast richness of frescoes and icons. Afterwards, we will make our lunch break, in Kalambaka. Our last stop will be in the Valley of Tempi, and then we return to the city of Thessaloniki.
- Discover the astonishing Meteora
- Visit the monasteries of Meteora
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the Valley of Tempi
- Transport by luxury bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- All taxes
- Entrance fees (3 Euro per person / per monastery)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal Expenses
- There is pick up service from central located points in Thessaloniki. Please advise your hotel and we will inform you accordingly. For entering the monasteries of Meteora, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies must not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts. This tour is operating in English, Italian, French and German language.