From the classic ancient Olympic Stadium at Olympia to the famous rock-tower monasteries of Meteora and Nafplio , the first capital of modern Greece – you’ll visit some of the most iconic sites in Greece on this five-day tour from Athens.
1st DAY: Depart for the Corinth canal. Drive to Epidaurus and visit the Ancient theatre, world famous for its outstanding acoustics. Proceed to Nauplia. Free afternoon for walking around the old town of Nauplia (the first capital of Greece) or we can visit the Nafplia Gallery of Art with paintings of famous Greek artists dedicated to the Greek revolution. Dinner at a traditional restaraunt.
2nd DAY: Continue the trip to Myceane. Visit the archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. In the afternoon (optional stop for souvenirs and lunch) depart for Olympia. Overnight stay in Olympia.
3rd DAY: Visit the archaeological site with the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic flame, the Stadium and the archaeological Museum. Depart via Patras and cross the Corinthian bay by the new bridge. Pass by the city of Nafpaktos and from there on, along the coastal road to DelphiI, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. Overnight stay in Delphi.
4th DAY: Visit the archaeological site, and, the MUSEUM of Delphi. Depart for KALAMBAKA via Central Greece. Overnight stay in Kalambaka.
5th DAY: Leave in the morning for nearby Meteora to visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES. Return to Athens passing the heroic monument of Leonidas at Thermopylae.
- Corinth canal
- Overnight in Nafplion
- Mycenae archaiological site
- Ancient theater of Epidaurus
- Olympia archaiological site & museum
- Delphi site & museum
- Meteora rocks with its spiritual monasteries
- Visit of 5 Unesco’s world heritage monuments
- Entrance fees
- Transport by luxury bus
- Professional and Licensed english speaking guide
- All taxes
- Breakfasts and dinners
- Hotel accomodation based on your choice (A class / T class)
- Drinks and beverages
- Gratuites (optional)
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts. Normaly we are visitng Great Meteoro Monastey and St. Stefanos. Every Tue, we are visitng instead of Great Meteoro, Varlaam monastery. All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveller the single supplement option has to be chosen.