Which city will you think when one says “street art”? You will think of London, Berlin, New York or Paris. But Athens? The truth is that the city is immensely rich in graffiti art, which emerged in the ’90s but really took off and developed its own distinctive style over the past years. Especial during the recent economic crisis, a new burst of creative energy has turned Athens into what the New York Times calls “a contemporary mecca for street art in Europe”. Athens is counting 2,000 or so graffiti and street artists painting around the city.
Our alternative Athens walking tour offers you the opportunity to know the city better and understand what’s happening at its heart.
This walking tour is recommended to anyone who loves street art even if you are not an art buff or a street art specialist! If you are curious and receptive to fantasy, colors and urban culture, this walking tour is perfect to guide you through this astonishing city in a fresh and unconventional way.
- Let a real street artist guide you
- Admire the surprising and bustling street art scene of Athens
- Scroll around Athen’s edgy outdoor murals and raw graffitis
- Enjoy a walking tour full of fantasy and urban culture
- English speaking expert tour leader
- Maximum group size of 12 people
- Food or drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up service
- Meeting point details are written on the voucher. Minimum participants per booking 2 pax.